Thursday, November 29, 2012

Graham is almost 6 months..



First Thanksgiving

Such a big handsome boy

So sweet and happy

Raspberries; learns new things every day it seems



Just a few pictures to show this happy boy we've got on our hands. He continues to sleep through the night, is now eating solids, still breast-feeding, belly laughs, rolls all over and sits up like such a big boy. His smile is contagious and I simply cannot get enough. I joked once that I wish I didn't have to share! But certainly I'm thankful I do, especially with the best mommy\wife ever. We've been signing more and all done (my version of all done is a slight freak out lol) and drink. He is starting to acknowledge his name when you say it.

Life isn't slowing down like it kinda looked like it might. Instead, a little wrench has been thrown at us to say the least as my Father has recently been diagnosed with bone marrow cancer. We remain optimistic, but it's been challenging and the logistics aren't exactly easy right now. I ask for prayers and support for now.

While my health is important to me, it's no lie to say I've completely obliterated what I (we) worked so hard for last year. I continue to work on my emotional and mental well-being which is the higher concern, but I mustn't wait for the "right time" to start dedicating time to my physical well-being. Let's face it Graham will be running around like crazy in just another 6 months and this Mama is in no shape to chase him around. I want to change that. I need to change that. It's time to change that. I am feeling this way as a result of a conversation with my Dr. that I need to seriously consider lowering medication and let's face I found stress relief in exercise before, I just need to do it again. Hopefully, that will really help.

Yes, I put too much pressure on myself. Yes, work was very demanding especially for the last 4 months. Yes, my son is a huge life changer. Yes, the financial worries can be challenging. Yes, my marriage is being challenged as a result of all of the above. Yes, my Father is ill. Yes, I want better for myself, my son, my marriage. No, I do not want to be dependent on medication as much as I've had to as of late. No, I don't expect overnight changes because it's taken a year to get here, it will probably take about the same to get back to where I (we) was.

Again, I ask for prayers and support for myself that I continue to find strength, better ways to cope, deal with stresses as they are often too much for me to handle in the way I'd like. I am also seeking other ways to get help ie Classes, massages, acupuncture etc.. ideas, suggestions are certainly welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. Keep your head up Jen!Having a baby is such a huge life changer! It took us at least a year to adapt and it's still the most challenging but rewarding adventure I've ever been through. We all have some kind of coping mechanism. I tried meds, drank a lot of wine and wanted a divorce after Jacob. I love my boy and husband more than anything in this world, but it is really hard being a parent, wife, employee, etc!You will find what works for you and the people in you life. Be easy on yourself, I think most new mothers' struggle whether they admit it or not. I'm sorry for you father, that must be really hard. One day at a time, sending you positive energy.

    ReplyDelete