Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day weekend

I had to work on Saturday, but when I came home I was so happy to see Nicole had just done some baking after going grocery shopping! Huge improvement in her health and stamina. I was just telling her two days before this how much I missed her baking. Oh the little things.

Yesterday was Father's Day as you know and for the most part it's a tough day for me and I'm sure my Father too. We've only been able to spend a select few Father's Day together since he's in SoCal. It's either a surprise road trip down there or a planned flight when we were younger to celebrate Father's Day and his birthday with him. This year he's got a lot going on, on top of some pretty major health issues and as you all know with the wedding only 60 days away all of our resources are going to that! I'm hoping it won't be this way for much longer and what I mean by that is I hope he moves up here. We did however get to spend it with Nicole's amazing Father, her Grandpa and Father-to-be Jason along with tons of friends and family. It was a wonderful BBQ w\some of the best ribs I've ever had! We also stopped in and wished my awesome Step-Dad Russ a Happy Father's day (with a nice bottle of Crown!!) on our way to Nicole's parents house.

I was really dreading the scale this morning, but I felt pretty good about my technique (AKA Tammy Technique - take a bite or two and throw it away) and it mostly paid off! Nicole and I are only up .5 today! Pretty easy to recover from.. I'm just about headed to the gym and then it's lunch time with Nicole. I think if her exhaustion and coughing subside a little more she'll make it back to the gym this week!

Duncan is wiped out today! Lots of sleeping and tons of snoring along with it! He had so much fun swimming yesterday! I just love our water loving lab!

No comments:

Post a Comment