Thursday, March 26, 2009

My First Blog!

Good Morning faithful readers! LOL Do we even have any?!

Yesterday was my day off without pay! Yay! (Sarcastic) So we decided to take Duncan to the snow for the first time. We have been wanting to for awhile and yesterday was the perfect day. Barely any other snow goers on a Wed. afternoon. We packed a lunch and headed up the hill. We stopped at the Snow park at Yuba Gap and it was the PERFECT spot. We went off to the camping area so we didn’t bother anyone sledding and found a little open spot with a picnic table. Duncan LOVED the snow, but hated his booties, they didn’t stay on long. His feet did pretty good. (For those that don’t know, Dunc is an indoor dog and is SUCH a tenderfoot, his paws get raw when running around outside a lot) I took a TON of pictures and will be posting them to Facebook and Myspace shortly! But here is a preview:


















Jen and I having been working out on our WiiFit like crazy. It’s has been really fun and very good for us. The yoga is so fun!!! I am seriously addicted, just when I think I am done I unlock another yoga pose or strength exercise and I just can’t get off until I try it! LOL The weight loss has been pretty slow and steady for both of us, but it’s been going down so that’s good. (I would like it to be fast and easy but it turns out its sooo much harder to take off than put on.) I am trying to have patience and remember one of my favorite quotes “If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain” But if I could wake up tomorrow and be a size 8 I would really appreciate it. Can someone just make that happen! Miracles can happen right!

School/Future Career has been at the front of my mind lately and a topic of many conversations between Jen and I. I want school to be over and to be a midwife already, well actually I can’t wait till the midwife program, I think I will really enjoy it! Jen keeps having to remind me to take one step at a time. Hmmmm I think the title of this blog should be “Nicole needs to learn some patience” LOL I have about 5 yearsish left to go, depending on how many classes I can take and when. I am hoping to have Sierra college done in 3 semesters and then hopefully be able to work part time and go to Sac State full time. But we will see where life leads us.

Ok that’s my blog for the day! Hope it was enjoyable! :)

~Nicole

2 comments:

  1. The snow trip looks like alot of fun; what a beautiful day for it. Sunny days are the only days that I like the snow. Duncan is a lucky boy!!!

    I too would love to wake up and be a size 8; but nothing worth working for is easy! I'm not sure thats the right way to say that; but its me :)

    Your future will roll out the way you want it too eventually...patience is not something you inherited from your parents...sorry; but being able to work hard is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... Dunc looks like he is having a blast! I want a picture with the booties though!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete