Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I can't believe its Dec. 1st!!

This year has gone by so quickly, we are so close to 2010 and that blows me AWAY!! LOL

We have had such a great (but insanely busy) holiday season already and there is so much more to come!! The Wednesday before Thanksgiving we started a new tradition in the Kimpel-Sheldon household. Baking and Bellini's!!! We made yummy Bellini's and baked for the coming day. We made a Pumpkin Pecan quick bread, 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies and a Paradise Pumpkin pie. The timer for the oven we off at exactly 11:59! Woo Hoo!!

Thanksgiving we had breakfast and a Black Friday planning meeting at my parents house, it was so yummy and I think is a great start to the off years where we won't all be together for Thanksgiving!!

Jen and I then went over to her Mom and Russ's house for Thanksgiving and cooked together and had a great day. Our feast was SO good!!





Friday Morning at 2:45 am brought Black Friday!! Danielle, Janae, Krista and I met at Kohls at 3:30 for their 4am opening!! We hit 8 stores in 5 1/2 hours, it was insane and SUPER fun!!! I have named us the Crazy Black Friday Sisters!!!




Friday night we went over to Jen's mom's house to visit with cousins, Brad and Lacey. They came in from Utah for Thanksgiving and it was great to visit with them and the rest of the family!


Saturday morning through the afternoon was preparing for Kim's surprise 50th birthday party. Jen and I met Russ at Costco and Party City and got all the goods. Jen then took her mom for a pedicure and shopping to get her out of the house. The party went off without a hitch and we all had a great time!!


Sunday we spent some time around the house in the morning and decorated for Christmas in the evening!! We LOVE our tree and are totally in the Christmas spirit!! I don't have any pictures yet but they will be up on FB soon.

For our Christmas gifts to each other we booked ourselves on a CRUISE!!!! We are really looking forward to it, its a 7 day Mexican Riviera with stops in Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta in Feb. We will be going with my Mom and Dad and Sister, Danielle, and her husband Jason. Janae has graciously decided to stay home and be the dog watcher for the week and then she will get to do something fun on her spring break. We are all really excited and can't wait till it gets here!

Around April - June we are looking to get pre-qualified to buy another property (so if anyone is or will be looking to rent a 1 bed/bath let us know). We really want something with another bedroom/bathroom and a yard for our Duncan!!

And something we are really excited for right now......DRESS SHOPPING for the bridesmaids and possibly me on Dec. 13th! So Exciting!!

Thanks for reading....hope you enjoyed the update!! :)

Nicole

3 comments:

  1. I know this might be cheesy, but seriously Nicole, you're amazing and I appreciate you. You DID SOOOOO MUCH to make my Mom's 50th so special and such a hit, THANK YOU, it doesn't even come close to how thankful I truly am though. You continue to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally another post! Busy times but all fun things. I can't wait for dress shopping... christmas... and the CRUISE!!!

    I hope dunc is doing good too.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your post; its been a while and so I haven't been checking for a while; thanks for the update! Lots of fun things coming up!

    ReplyDelete