Monday, April 6, 2009

Nicole is taking a shower and I'm crest whitestripping it up so I have a few minutes to write and there are some things on my mind.

This weekend and today work has just been nuts. I absolutely love my job and the challenges it gives me on a daily basis, no really, daily basis. Every call is different, every tone in everyones voice is different and every situation has it's own set of rules and policies in place. I take calls everywhere from "I can't login to my benefits!" to "My stores network is completely down, we're not getting credit auth!" It's nuts. I could go on and on.. anyhow, this weekend, Saturday in particular was a special event for me LOL! Literally, Severity 1 Event! It was my first Severity 1 event that I did solo (No Seniors or Supervisor working at the time)! The only other time I did one was with my Supervisor guiding me through it, so this was a huge test. I followed the entire process, from Escalating the call, to putting up the Bulletin (my voice is on the 866 number before the phone options eek!) to sending a voicemail to all the "big wigs" on a Saturday afternoon. In the moment, my cheeks were red, but I actually stayed calm by talking myself through it. At one point we had 15 calls in the queue and two guys answering phones, but I had to get this stuff done so I couldn't jump in to help out (not like me, but it's what has to be done). It was INTENSE! Once it was all resolved I felt relieved and then I just felt like I nailed it! Last night was a different story. We went to bed after doing finances and watching a little TV say around 1030 and I had to get up at 5am. All of the sudden the fears and bad thoughts start.. "Oh my god, I forgot to update it, or I missed something; I had convinced myself I did. What is Tamara (MGR) gonna say as far as feedback is concerned!" FREAKING OUT, my heart is pacing and I cannot get comfortable.. Meanwhile, Nicole is OUT like the lights in our bedroom. I toss, turn, doze off, wake up and do it all over again... I look at my phone as the frustration starts to wear on me and it's 1230.. Okay, Jen you have to wake up in like 4.5 hours, SLEEP! Another hour passes, my heart is ready to jump out of my chest! Finally 1:24am I gently wake Nicole up and tell her I can't sleep, she rubs my arm a little and then I got some Aleve because I don't know what I was thinking and as I walk in the room she asked me "Did you take a half dose?" I said "of what?" she said "Nyquil.." I said.. "I hadn't thought of that, but I will now" so I did and then my alarm went off at 5am and off to work I went.

Bet you're wondering what kind of feedback I got today... LOL Tamara emailed me and CC'd my Supervisor and it said, " Jen, Great job with this Severity 1 event! Your notifications were timely, well stated and complete. Keep up the great work!" I friggen lost sleep for nothing. I guess my worry-wort perfectionist-self got the best of me last night.

Tonight I'm going to bed at 10, in hopes of drifting off to sleep by 1030, cause I don't need to wake up until 6am tomorrow!

Well, these strips have got to come off and Nicole just got outa the shower, so I'm done for the night!

~ Jen

2 comments:

  1. Jen, that SO sounds like something I would do; lose sleep over something that you didn't even need to! I'm not surprised you did an awesome job; now if you were just as confident in yourself as everyone else is in you, you'd be set! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thank you! I just saw this and I totally agree! Each passing day my confidence is getting better and better and with time I think I'll be really well off in that perspective! Thank you for the compliment and encouragement! Jen

    ReplyDelete