Monday, May 4, 2009

Here I am....

Okay so I am a horrible blogger! I love to read em but posting them is another story!

So Jen is making us Killer Artichokes for dinner again! MMMM I am officially fired from making them....TOTALLY screwed them up when I tried! LOL Oh well, I don't mind!! :)

This weekend on Sat. while Jen was at work I did some gardening on our beautiful patio! I planted a dahlia, replant and staked our Freesia and planted two trailing petunia's or "blue million bells" in our basket that will go at the top of our trellis. It is soooo nice having all these gorgeous plants and a wonderful bench (thanks Dad) out on our patio!! I look out the window every morning when I wake up now! I never knew how therapeutic gardening was, I sat outside and planted and watered and all that for an hour and came back into feeling so accomplished and relaxed. Now I just want to keep buying plants! LOL We are going to have a jungle!!

I have been searching high and low for a wedding venue with no luck. Either the ambiance isn't right, or the price is too high. We compare everything to the Hyatt Downtown. Nothing beats the view so far. The prices are ridiculous (one place I found was 7500 JUST for the facility rental) but still a bit out of our budget. So we have been bummed and have been on the lookout for somewhere else. Last night we sat down ans added up what we want and how much it would cost and how much we need it to cost. When we went and toured the Hyatt, the event planner there mentioned that it never hurts to ask for something so today I sent an email to her with our "offer." We are hoping to hear back soon and are trying to stay optimistic that they can make it work. We are hoping that a Friday night in Aug. is slow enough that if we didn't book no one else would. That would definitely help us out! If they accept it would be perfect and I think we would officially book with them and put our deposit down. Then comes the fun stuff!!! Look out family and friends.....we will be recruiting help for all the projects and idea we have in our heads! :)

I don't want to get anyone hopes up but here is a picture of the Hyatt's City View Room! Cross your fingers that we get an answer back...and soon...before I go crazy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment