Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week 2, I'm not lovin' you!

Another week has passed and we didn't lose, but it's okay because we maintained our big drop last week. We're still working very hard and it seems as though one bad day (Mother's Day) makes you really pay for it. It's a very hard balance between not feeling deprived and being good. At least I find it difficult. I have been walking a LOT and have my pedometer on my side to track my steps. I walked about 6k steps Tues, 10k steps Wed and today I'm at 5k, but the night isn't over. Walking on my breaks and walking Duncan HAS really helped and I actually enjoy it. Nicole and I went for a walk last night and it was perfect out! We are going to try to do that more which will be harder since she starts school next week. She'll be in school 6pm-9pm Tues thru Thurs for the next 7 weeks, but we will still find time.

Update on the Starbucks habit that was... LOL!! I can say WAS! WOW. I haven't purchased a Starbucks since Saturday morning 5/9 and that was only because we were out of half and half. Nicole went to the store that very afternoon and got it for us. I've made them all week! I actually can't believe it.. I almost went today because I've been craving cold... and chocolate... and thought I could convince myself of a mocha light frappucino, but I actually just went home and had a weight watchers ice cream instead... :) It's saving us a ton of dough!

Work has been good for me. I met with my Director yesterday, for the first time, and it was awesome! What a neat woman; so easy to talk to! Her name is Jenn too and she worked for Gap for 18yrs... pretty much everyone at Williams-Sonoma has worked at Gap, including myself! We talked about some really neat things.. about my skills, weaknesses, development, what's working, etc.. it was GREAT! I can't wait to see what is in store for me there! I seriously love my job and the company I work for. I am grateful for it every day! The last two weeks I've been helping to train the Corp. side on our group, Store Support. It's fun and I think it's pretty neat that I get to take part in the training, esp since I've just about got a year under my belt. I must be doing something right! ;)

Duncan, well he's pretty much perfect... except for the fact he threw up bile @ 4am this morning. Poor Nicole, but I always thank her, she always just gets up and takes care of business... probably mostly because she wants to get back to bed! LOL No really, it sucks when that happen and Nicole really is awesome! He has been doing pretty good on our walks actually. We've walked the whole Gibson Drive (it's a loop kinda) twice, just he and I, and I really enjoyed it! His walking has gotten 100% better already!

Well, I'm outa here. Done with the computer for now and Nicole is about to come home and make us amazing apple garlic chicken for dinner! I'm looking forward to having these next two days off, I've had split days for the last 3 weeks, so it'll be nice. Plus, we've got some fun stuff goin' on!

~ Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment