Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Live your life!"

Gosh, time flies when you're having fun and boy have we have been having fun! From Birthday parties to Family BBQ's all the way to tanning and playing with Duncan (AKA TenderPaw, its his Indian name)! Life is just really amazing and Nicole and I are very grateful.

This is Nicole's second week of school and so far so good. She is doing her first presentation tonight and is a little nervous. I helped her make her visual and practice last night and she did excellent, I know she's going to do just as good in class! Can't wait to hear how it went.

Work has been really busy for Nicole and I. In these times it's a blessing! Especially because of the financial goals we have been working towards. Our plan to pay off our RC Willey debt by Aug\Sept is on track and that feels really good. We've only got 1700 to go and in June can make a 700 payment. Can't wait to be done with it! Along with that, NO STARBUCKS STILL! I'm very proud of myself and us. It has been 19 days now! They say after 21 days a habit is broken, well I'm right there! HUGE savings and I know we'll really start seeing the figures in the next month or so. Plus, we RARELY eat out, not even once a week sometimes. To give you an idea of how bad it used to be... BOTH MEALS OUT EVERY DAY! That's a lot of dough and calories!! LOL Glad we're done with that too!

Week 4 has officially weighed in and we're down!
Nicole lost 1.5lbs - 9lbs total
Jen lost 1lb - 9lbs total
Grand Total 18lbs! We didn't meet our goal of 20, but next week we will! We splurged quite a bit this weekend and practically starved and worked our tails off to accomplish what we had gained and then lose a little more on top of it! I hate that, but it's worth it at the same time! I look forward to next weeks results!

My Dad got his own apartment in Huntington Beach and we just planned a trip to go see him in July. We're going July 17th-July 20th. We haven't been down in some time, so it'll be nice. I hardly ever get to spend time with the Sheldon side of the family (Dad and Sister) mostly due to distance, so this will be great. I'm hoping to see my Sister Lisa and her fiance Chad along with my niece Kayla and nephews Ricky and Jake! I wish they were closer so it wouldn't have to be so far and few in between visits! Anyway, we're really looking forward to that.

Gonna call it a night now! Hope you all enjoyed the update!

PS - Just talked to Nicole, she's on her way home from school and she thinks she DID REALLY GOOD on her presentation\speech! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment