Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Here's the scoop!

My birthday was spectacular, definitely one of the best! Everyone made it so special for me and I'm so grateful for all everyone did for me on my birthday. My lovely wife got me a hybrid bike, something I'd been wanting for some time, and I have to say she mostly pulled it off. ;) Unfortunately for her, I was watching her every move. I even noticed a spatula that made it from the trunk of the TL to the passenger seat to which I bombarded her with questions she had a hard time answering. haha she did a nice job, it's not easy having this Jen on her back! :) I love love love my new bike. It was such a tease getting it on Thursday night where leaving town the following day for 4 days! I couldn't wait to get home to it. You know, the first thing I did when we got home was go for a ride. We had to take it in for a minor adjustment @ Sports Chalet so I rode it home (ok so I stopped @ Starbucks on the way, who cares, so what, what do you want from me?!) haha I crack me up! Anyway, that was day 1; roughly 1-2 miles. Day 2 I rode up to our gym on Sunset\Park then back home; approx 5.5 miles. Today was the best though, Day 3 I rode to work then back home; approx 7.4 miles round trip. It's such a great workout and man is my booty sore! (TWSS) I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can ride to and from work. Right now, it's too cold @ 530am. Anyway, I love the heck outta my bike and I need to get all of my cool accessories on it so I can really use it to it's full potential. Thanks again everyone!

For the weekend we went to the Marina's house! It was SO much fun. We enjoyed our time with all of them and little Ethan is growing and learning new things every single day. Even while we were there he sat up from laying down on his own for the first time. He had some proud cheerleaders around him! Little gym was pretty dang cute! He smiles so much, it's just priceless. He is a happy boy! All 4 of us went in the spa 2 of the 3 nights and really enjoyed ourselves. We also played Settlers (I know right?) TWICE! Loved that game. Another special thing was watching our rehearsal and wedding videos, we got to watch them while we were down there and relive the whole special event. We loved them and B did such a good job. We can't wait to have a copy so we can share them with our families up here! We also ate tons of yummy food. From Tri-trip sandwiches @ the Langs to Salmon and Shrimp @ Marina's all the way to In&Out after us girls got massages to rainbow chip cake. Not to mention a FABULOUS trip to Ruth's Chris that was ah-mazing, to saw the least, we ate well! That brings me to the next paragraph!

WW - Even though we literally weren't "on plan" (didn't track or exercise at all) we did surprisingly well @ yesterday's meeting. Nicole was just barely up .6lbs and I was down .2. We can live with that! This week is a new week and hey, it was fun while it lasted and apparently we didn't do as bad as we thought. I really think WW has given us the tools for the lifestyle change and therefore it was easy not to "over eat" all the bad things if you will. Portion control is one of the biggest things (hehe) and I think we've mostly got that down.

Total Combined Weight Loss = 44.8lbs
Jen - 24.8 *I plan on getting 25 this next week! ;)
Nicole - 20

Well that's the scoop on our weekend and my birthday. Again, thank you everyone for making it as special as you did. I was surrounded by my friends and family and showered with gifts and I couldn't be any more grateful to have each of you in my life.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great weekend; I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves! Nice job on the weight loss and maintaining over the big birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete