Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sickness has struck again..

Well.... the cold\flu\bad bug etc has struck our home again. Nicole was suffering immensely last night, at times it reduced her to tears. We were finally able to break her fever last night with the proper combination of Aleve and Tylenol coupled with some Delsym for her dry, yet productive, cough. I swear she has slept for like 24 hours in the last 30! But I'm very glad about that; she clearly needs the rest. Let’s hope she recovers from this one quickly and without antibiotics so it doesn’t weaken her again.

This morning I woke up with a really sore throat, but so far Throat Coat tea and my coffee is mostly soothing it. Please Lord, I don’t want to get sick! 

Nicole didn’t cough very much throughout the night at least if I’m recalling correctly. Her fever is down a little this morning, but she is just exhausted and her skin still hurts from the higher temp. She woke up for like 15 mins twice and is going back to sleep again after taking some more meds. I miss her beautiful blue eyes already! 

I hate feeling helpless and I just hope this passes quickly so we can get on with life as we know it.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...so sad when she is sick! We've had alot of that at our house as well; I'm looking forward to spring and all the cold germs going away! Nicole feel better and Jen keep fighting it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Nicole, that sounds terrible! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete