Monday, December 19, 2011

Six Geese a-Laying

Topic: Gifts Galore

I love buying gifts for people, but especially Nicole. I will never forget one year, the first year we were together, I bought her a gift for every day leading up to and through Christmas. It was So Much Fun! She just reminded me "yeah, and you said it won't happen again", but I don't know about all that! I just might have to get a little more creative and not spend so much $. That year obviously scarred me financially LOL jk, it wasn't really that bad, mostly time consuming, but boy was it fun! 

One of the daily gifts


It definitely seems that the Christmas times are changing and I'm okay with that. Seems more like people are cutting back on the spending, buying less, more practical things and focusing more on spending quality family time. This year I thought my family was going to not do presents except for the kids, but no one could commit to that. So we drew names, we buy one gift for the person we got for no more than $25. I think it's a nice compromise, but if we removed it altogether, like I said, I wouldn't be disappointed. Nicole's family does something similar, buy one gift for each person no more than $25. It is fun opening presents while the tree is lit, the laughter and joy is in full-force and the Christmas spirit is all around.  

I must admit knowing we have a baby on the way is really helping me stay practical this year. I'm only at 275ish for Nicole. She is well over that for me, but for once I don't feel like I need to go buy more. Sucks for her, ha! She will be just fine, in fact, I'm really happy with the gifts I got her. Just have to finish her stocking! 

I really think the best gift I could have ever wished, hoped and prayed for will be gracing us with his\her presence around June. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment